Etc.

Chess Sets - I bought several chess sets and boards at whole sale price. They are $7 (board and pieces). I think it's a good idea to have a tournament style set at home. If you are interested let me know.

November 1 Tournament - Four have registered (Sam, Roshan, Brandon, Jake R) If you anyone else would like to register please email( iwijetunge@yahoo.com ) me the address and D.O.B. The cost is $10, you can bring it on Saturday or I can collect it at the next chess meeting.
Early registration ends October 30th

Next Chess Meeting - Oct 3o. It's important to make the Thursday meeting if you plan to play in the tournament(especially if you did not make it to the Oct 23 meeting) so that I can introduce chess clocks etc.

November 8-9 Tournament -
2008-2009 Wisconsin Junior Open & WCA Veteran's Tournament
This one is a 2 day event in Oshkosh. Roshan and his brother will be playing. I plan to play too.
Details are here.

If you have any questions please leave comments.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no school on Thursday 10/30 and Friday 10/31.

Anonymous said...

Cole would like to play in the Nov. 8-9 tournament.

Anonymous said...

Do they play both days or just one of the two days?

Ivan said...

This is a 2 day event. With 5 games. 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Players play both days.

Each game can last up to 4 hrs, so it might be a little too over whelming as one's first tournament.

Ivan

Anonymous said...

Ivan,
Maybe I should reconsider Cole for the 11/8-11/9 tourney if it is really intense? I can talk to you Thursday when I drop off or pick up Cole from practice.